How to Manage a Non-Linear Career Path and PSPWN’s Annual Meeting and Elections
Time & Location
About the Event
In the book Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg wrote “Career paths aren't ladders—they're more like jungle gyms.”
Join PSPWN to hear about one alumna’s experience navigating the jungle gym of a non-linear career path. Julie Vastyan Goolsby, a 2004 Penn State Alumna, started her career in Public Relations and is now a Project Manager at a leading technology company. Join us to hear about how small jumps and large leaps have shaped her journey.
After the presentation we will host our Annual Meeting, where we will recap our events and plan new ones, review our finances, and hold elections for open board positions.
Are you interested in getting more involved in the Penn State Alumni Network? We have great opportunities for you to join our board to contribute your talents as we work to continue to build our network, create new alumni connections, and continue to focus on professional development topics!
We encourage past, new and current members to get involved! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in joining the PSPWN Board or want more information about getting involved!
We have several open positions*, including:
- Acts as the chief operational officer of the organization, and shall preside at all meetings of the Executive Board
- Keeps complete and accurate records for PSPWN. A regular reporting of the records shall be presented to the Executive Board at their official meetings. In addition, an annual financial report shall be presented to the General Membership at the General Membership Meeting of PSPWN.
- Requires existing membership
- Requires a background check
As well as opportunities to chair or co-chair the following committees:
- Coordinate events with a focus on professional development and networking. The committee shall work with the University to identify student opportunities and local women’s groups or entrepreneurs to discuss success, tips, etc.
- Responsible for regularly providing membership statistics, tracking dues, providing any necessary membership correspondence, and overseeing the PSPWN website
- Manages the production of newsletters and development social media posts/presence.
Penn State Pride
- Coordinates membership events that highlight the Penn State spirit, social activities, community service, THON support or any general embodiment of the University in the local community.
*All positions require membership to PSPWN as well as the Penn State Alumni Association.